Keys to Success || The Story of Broken Ghost Clothing

brown backless top


1. When and why did you choose to open an online shop on Etsy?

I used to run a consignment shop and it was then that I began 'revamping' some of the items that I had in my store. A customer of mine told me about Etsy and about her shop that she had and it peaked my interest. When I sold my store in 2009 and was jobless, that's when I began at Etsy.



metallic silver vest

2. What got you started in your craft?

I am a self taught sewer/designer and have been creating art in many different forms since I could hold a crayon. I am an oil/acrylic painter, sketcher, mural artist and florist. My love for fashion has brought me to where I am now.


boho sweater


3. Who or what influences your style the most?

I love anything retro, especially 1970's pieces. I love mixing unexpected colors together and creating clothing that has interesting details.


orange tie dye and plaid top

4. How do you stay focused and motivated?

I love what I do so much that I joke Monday is my favorite day of the week, so I can be alone and create after the hustle and bustle of the weekend. I am amazed on a daily basis that I am doing something that I love and making a living at it. How lucky am I?


navy blue bohemian top


5. What would be your insight on "Keys to Success on Etsy"?

Tips for success, in particular in an online setting would be:
a. Embrace the english language and incorporate it into your shop. Words
are really the main way we are discovered and without that expertise, we will struggle.
b. Work to improve on a daily basis. It's easy to get complacent and think we are doing everything the best we can. But there are always new things to learn and try.
c. Stay on top of retail trends. You must sell what people want.


Find more about Jana's shop Broken Ghost Clothing:

Jana is the owner, maker, designer and curator.
Founded January 19, 2009.
Shop
Facebook


5 comments:

  1. I knew there was a fine artist behind those fabulous clothes!

    congrats Jana and thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great feature. I admire your talent on mixing unexpected elements. Thanks for sharing your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! What a creative mind! Great read guys, love your Keys to Success Jana! Keep up the wonderful work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Congratulations! I love your pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips