Etsy has Your Tools for Self-Care!

1. Organic All-Purpose Skin Salve by Growing Up Herbal
2. Unbind Me: Aromatherapy Massage Oil by Terra Dei Farm
3. Rest & Restore Gift Set by Little Flower Soap Co
4. Natural Skincare Facial Peel & Mask by Winsome & Green
5. Gypsy Woods Soy Candle by Blushie

Today, I wanted to explore the topic of self-care and find out where you'd rate yourself when it comes to how well you treat yourself.  I know from my own experience that I've mastered taking care of other people - to the T!  Need help moving furniture?  I'm there with my truck.  Need me to let your doggies out to do their business?  I'm there to let them out and take them for a walk.  You get the picture.  When it comes to self-care, I'll be the first to admit that I fear I fail miserably.  On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 would mean you're a rock star self-care guru, I'm probably a minus 1.  Sometimes it's just plain ol' silly determination and stubbornness which prevent me from even taking care of my basic needs - like eating breakfast.  "Oh, it's 2pm - guess I should eat breakfast now!"  The good news - I recognize that this isn't healthy.  So in 2013, I'm devoting more energy to self-care!  

I've chosen 5 handmade beauty products all available on Etsy for an indulging evening of self-pampering goodness!  I love taking baths, but unfortunately I don't take them that often - so it's a perfect place for me to begin my 2013 self-care regime.  Each of the items play a key role.  First, we've got to draw the bath - not too hot, not too cold - and add a handful of Holly's Lavender Detox Bath Salts to the running water.  Can you smell the deliciousness already?   Now, I'm going to light one of Megan's Gypsy Woods Soy Candle to invite in the woodsy essence of nature - loving it!  Holly's Rest & Restore Gift Set also comes with 1 bar of lemon lavender soap - unwrapping that too!  While taking my restorative bath, I'm going to use Christa's all natural face mask & peel which comes in a powder so I can mix it with water in my hand and apply in the tub.  Relaxing further...  Hopefully I don't fall asleep and wake up in freezing cold water because once out of the tub, I'm treating myself to Alexandra's essential oil aromatherapy massage oil Unbind Me with frankincense, juniper berry and thyme.  And finally, I'm going to love any little scrapes or dry spots with Megan's All-Purpose Skin Salve with super healing herbs like comfrey, calendula, and plantain.  Wow - I'm a new woman just thinking about it!  

 

Ok, your turn.  Where do you fall on the self-care scale?  

  

4 comments:

  1. This makes me want to buy all of this and go take a nice, soothing bath!

    I've recently started trying to focus on myself a bit more when it comes to pampering. It's crazy how easy it is to get caught up in everything there is to do and forget about taking time for yourself. I can't wait to try some of these awesome products to make baths even better! Thanks for including my All-Purpose Herbal Healing Salve!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful products! So lovely.

    I would rate myself a 4 out of 10. I would love for that score to be higher, but we women tend to put everyone before ourselves. Imagine that!

    I may have to include the "Unbind Me" massage oil in my future. Sounds divine!

    -tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is wonderful, thank you for including my Aromatherapy Massage Oil. I have a long way to go in the self-care category. Like you said, it is easy to focus on other people and forget yourself! In addition to checking out the items above, you've inspired me to work on the following:

    1. Get a haircut...or at least call to schedule one.
    2. Do my nails... or maybe just file them.
    3. Be sure to get 8 hours of sleep a night...or maybe just work on getting "more" sleep.
    4. Drink my water. No excuses here.

    Baby steps, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meagan - I feel like taking more baths is something I can incorporate pretty easily into my routine, so we'll see how I do!

    @Tallulah - I love how Alexandra uses such creative names for her oil blends, makes me want to try them all!

    @Alexandra - I can totally relate to your list! I'm laughing as I'm running my fingers through my messy hair (which needs a trim) and looking for my water! Yes - baby steps and we can support each other to remember to take those steps!

    Thanx for your comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips